Why run when you can fly.....

Have you ever felt like you just wanted to scream because everything around you is running at Superman speed and you're not even in the race??   Lately, not only has everyone and everything seem to be running at an unusually fast pace, but I, for the first time, just watched.  Watching from the sidelines, cheering on the most amazing people.   This is what they mean by "adulting"? I don't think I saw a sign-up sheet for this event "adulting"!!

I realized that I was no longer sitting with the crowd cheering, I was now alone in the stands.

Now, I know many people will say "Well, you have to brush yourself off and get back in the race."  And while that was true, it was also furthest from what I needed.



I needed to take care of ME!  I had to become my biggest, loudest, most obnoxious cheerleader. Standing alone, in the stands, allowed me to view the hurdles that were quickly being placed in my lane, but I could also see the finish line for each goal.  By standing alone in my cheering section, I could also get closer or step back when I needed to get a clearer view.  I did not need to "...brush yourself off and get back in the race."  I needed to rest, study, and prepare for the obstacles that others could not clear.  I needed to warn others of what could be ahead and take note of how they used what they knew to keep going.

 I had everything I needed to achieve this goal but I didn't understand I WAS NOT CREATED TO RUN. I needed to fly!!! I had a group of angels that could help me but I thought they would just push, or pull me when I felt like giving up.  What I didn't know was they had been placed in my life to encourage me to spread my wings.  They saw my wings before I knew I had any.  They felt the breeze because they were flyers.

Whenever I feel like screaming or I get frustrated I have to remember, that races are for runners and they need lanes. I am a flyer.....and need to soar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and comments

Who's turn is it....??

Who's turn is it to clean the kitchen? The bathroom? The family room? Who's turn is it to do the laundry?  UGH!!!!!  It seems like ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *